Sunday, March 26, 2006

Thanks


The show has come and gone. I took it down tonight and shut off the lights and locked the door. What a time it has been for me. Three days before having to hang the show I came down with the biggest flu I've had in years. I felt like I was going to die! The worst part was the No Energy. Friday night came and I was all ready to hang the show, But no energy. Dead to the world. With help from friends, support from my wife, and determination in my gut, I straightened painting, hung hooks and aligned lights. By 11:30 at night, Friday night, I came upon an invigoration I could only attribute to the happiness I felt seeing my show finally up and shining.
What a time it was.
It was all I needed it to be. And as I hung it I realized, this is what I had dreamed about way back in high school, while working on the mural in the cafeteria. Some day I would have my own show. Mind you it wasn't at the Taj Mahal, but it was my show, and a damn good one!

Thanks for reading, See you soon. Love to all. Peace on Earth.

- J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home